POPCORN SAFETY TIPS
- When selling popcorn in your neighborhood always have an adult or buddy with you.
- Never enter a stranger’s house without an adult.
- Keep checks and cash in a separate envelope with your name on it.
- Always walk on the sidewalk whenever possible.
- Never sell at night.
- Always be courteous.
POPCORN SALES TIPS
Ten ways to make a popcorn sale.
- Ask your parent to be the first to buy popcorn.
- Ask your relatives to buy popcorn. (Married brothers and sisters)
- Ask your neighbors to buy popcorn.
- Ask the parents of your friends (not in Scouts) to buy popcorn.
- Take a popcorn order form to your place of worship and ask people to buy popcorn during coffee/fellowship hour (get permission first).
- Ask your parents if they can take a popcorn order form to work and ask their co-workers to buy popcorn.(They may need to get permission first.)
- Ask your patrol or den to schedule a “Super Sale Day”. This is a day when your fellow Scouts select a neighborhood and go door-to-door as a group to ask people to buy popcorn.
- Ask a parent or fellow Scout to go door-to-door with you in your neighborhood to ask people to buy popcorn.
- Ask your parents or relatives if they give out gifts during the holiday season. If yes, ask them to consider giving out popcorn (in a tin decorated for the holidays) as a holiday gift.
- ALWAYS WEAR YOUR UNIFORM!
Customer Check List
- Religious Friends
- Area businesses
- Married Brothers & Sisters
- Parent’s Work
- Unit Leaders
Don’t forget last year’s customers. Make sure you kept your sales form from last year and ask each of them to buy again.
Have a parent in your pack or troop that owns his/her own business? Do they send Christmas gifts to employees/customers? Ask them to send popcorn this year.