½ c. medium-ground popcorn flour *
½ c. granola
1 ¼ c. Unsifted all-purpose flour
½ c. brown sugar, firmly packed
2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 T. lemon juice
1 c. milk
1 egg, beaten
1/3 c. butter, melted
½ c. finely chopped red apple
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 degrees Celsius).
2. Butter two 8-cup muffin tins.
3. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
4. Add lemon juice to milk and mix with egg, melted butter, and chopped apple.
5. Add to dry ingredients, stirring until well moistened.
6. Fill each muff cup approximately 2/3 full.
7. Bake about 25 minutes.
* To make popcorn flour, grind popped popcorn in your blender or food processor. Put a handful of popped popcorn in the blender. Turn the blender on Low. For medium-ground texture, leave the blender on for about 20 seconds. For finely-ground texture, leave blender on for 30 to 40 seconds. Store in a tightly covered canister or jar.